Friday, April 18, 2014

Skinny Smoothie King "Banana Boat" Recipe

If you live in a state lucky enough to have Smoothie King, you may have noticed they have an "indulgence" section on the menu. If you feel into the trap and ordered a Banana Boat, you have experienced greatness. Congratulations. Part smoothie, part milk shake, part amazingness. Until you read the nutrition information. Just stop. I have an obsession of banana and chocolate. After playing around in the kitchen one afternoon I came up with a recipe for a healthy and protein packed Banana Boat smoothie.

Smoothie King Banana Boat Recipe

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cup of UNsweetened vanilla almond milk
1 frozen banana, slight thawed to soften (and peel, obvi)
1 scoop of vanilla (or chocolate) protein powder
1 heaping tablespoon of coco powder
handful of ice cubes*

Directions:
Throw it all in the blender :)

*Sometimes I will use A LOT of ice cubes to add volume and think I am getting a super giant smoothie. 



2 comments:

  1. Can I just say that your blog has the best name EVER? And this is a fantastic recipe, just one question though, could you possibly replace the almond milk with semi skimmed or skimmed milk?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thank you so much! But I cannot take credit for the blog name, my husband thought of it! I have been on a smoothie kick, I have another good recipe I have been making lately. I will try to post it. basically (I know this sounds like a weird combo) it is natural (no sugar added) apple juice, frozen cherries, blueberries, banana, peanut butter and protein powder. I drink it as a meal replacement.

      And yes, you could use skimmed milk :)

      have a great day!

      Delete

Please do not leave spam comments. Spam comments will not be approved.