Sunday, January 1, 2012

About DessertationBlog

What is dessertation? When I made this blog I only had two things on my mind: dessert and the looming dissertation. My fiance had a stroke of genius and blurted out "dessertation!" He said, "you should start a blog." And like any other grad student, I am always looking for a reason to procrastinate, a blog fit the bill. As simple as a story it is, DessertationBlog was formed.

As a full time graduate student I bribe myself with baking! I once had an amazing professor who encouraged us to bribe ourselves when writing. I took his advice literally and now bribe myself with dreaming up my next dessert, or Starbucks trips.

Besides baking, I have the travel bug. I have been very lucky and had the opportunity to go to Europe twice since high school. I like to research and write about traveling when I am not "writing" (more like procrastinating!) on my dissertation.

Therefore, the gist is, this blog details my traveling and cooking adventures as I work on my dissertation. I hope you enjoy the blog, bake some desserts, and are inspired to travel. To my fellow grad students, get back to work and off blogger ;-)

About Ashley: A full time doctoral student, learner and teacher. She enjoys traveling, baking, reading, blogging, and spending time with her family and friends. She has been blogging since 2011.

My "Vacation in a day" blog:
DaycationBlog

Feel free to contact me: lucyluaccessories@gmail.com

Social Media:


Follow on Bloglovin
Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do not leave spam comments. Spam comments will not be approved.